Butternut Sqush Risotto: This was a great fall dish! I really really enjoyed it and so did my friend Allie when she made it last week by my recommendation. If you cant find pancetta, use prosciutto and cut the amount of salt used in the recipe because prosciutto is saltier then pancetta. I also did not use a dutch over, just did everything on the stove and it came out fine.
Broiled Salmon with Peppercorn Lime Rub: This was quick, easy, and really healthy. I didn't have cracked peppercorns, so i put some whole peppercorns in a little zip lock baggie and crushed them with a rolling pin. The peppercorn/lime combination really cut down on the fishy taste of the salmon.
Butternut Squash Lasagna: Another great fall dish and a modern twist on a classic recipe. Joe and I really enjoyed this one over and over because it made so much! It would be great for a dinner party, or if you have a busy week ahead and do not want to think about cooking a bunch of different meals.
Broiled Tilapia Parmesan: This was a recipe I found when I was googling easy tilapia recipes. Don't be fooled by the weird combinations that make up the sauce, once you put it in the broiler it turns into a delicious cheesy cream sauce that is light and flavorful!
The past few weekends have been fun. The second weekend in October we went to the Phillies Divisional playoff game. It was a fun night, but a disappointing loss for the Phils that ended baseball season.
The following weekend, Joe and I were hanging out in NJ at his place and he decided to take me out to Union Trust Steakhouse for a nice dinner. Union Trust was a restaurant I had tried during restaurant week in September with Brendan and had told Joe it was one of the best steaks I had ever eaten. So, when he received an applause award bonus from his job, he was excited to try Union Trust completely on their dime. We had a great dinner and a nice night out. On Saturday my old roommate, Laura, came into town for a conference, and to visit. We had a nice night out to dinner and met Sara out for a drink at the bar. It was nice to have the old roommates back together once again!
This weekend Joe and I went to his parents house at the shore. It was a beautiful fall weekend and we had a nice time hanging out with them. We arrived late Friday night and just hung out and relaxed. On Saturday, we went out for sushi with his parents and then to Atlantic City to gamble/people watch. I ended up winning $275 bucks which made me super happy! I decided to be super un-fun, and put that money towards some bills.. wooohoo free electric this month! On Sunday, we went to Ocean City, NJ and walked the boardwalk. It was a beautiful fall day and great to be outside. Here are some pictures I took of the ocean.
Wishing you a joyous fall season & Happy Halloween! xoxo



1 comment:
All that food sounds amazing. I will have to try it sometime.
Post a Comment