I hope this post finds everyone doing well. I feel as though I have lost touch lately as the first month of the year has already flown by. After my New Years party started the year off with a bang, the month only continued to get better! In the second week in January, we celebrated Joe's 27th birthday! This was followed by my family vacation to Park City & Sundance and capped off with my 27th birthday!
Our vacation was great! The night we arrived in Park City, UT, it snowed 33 inches! My dad rented a two bedroom condo that was very cute and cozy. Our first full day was spent skiing in a blizzard at Park City Mt. Resort which made for amazing skiing, but cold conditions! Here is a pic of Joe and I skiing Day 1. That night, we went out to an amazing seafood buffet that we had been to the previous year. The buffet had literally any and every meat and seafood you could ever imagine. We had oysters, sushi, bass, mussels, crab legs, clams, steak, shrimp wasabi mashed potatoes, cheese, salads, scallops.. the list goes on. This was probably my favorite dinner! After a long day of skiing, nothing better then taking on an enormous buffet!The next day, we woke up and prepared for skiing Day 2 at Deer Valley Resort. The conditions were much better on Day 2. It was warm and sunny, cold but not freezing. Perfect day to get outside and enjoy the scenery. That night we went out to an Italian restaurant in town. We sat down, and in walked Ice T and Coco (the rapper and his wife who have that reality show). Joe and I turned around and said 'whats up' to Ice, he was pretty cool about it even though it must be so annoying for celebrities. They are really odd looking in person by the way...
After two days of skiing, we were pretty tired and sore. (Especially Joe & Bren who skiied off the main trails, ending up in waste deep powder and off to another ski resort. Joe also ended up wrapped up in a pine tree--hahah--- but I digress.) On the third day, and Joes final day, we decided to go walk around the town and do some celebrity watching. We snuck into a few private parties, one of which we ran into Tommy Lee and both of which we scored open bar and free appetizers! Man, it kills me that these celebs have the most money, yet get EVERYTHING FOR FREE. Tommy & his entourage scored free Sorrell boots, each custom fitted, as we watched. We had a great time drinking and mingling and taking pics in front of the step and repeat like the celebs do!
On Day 4 we had to return Joe to the airport to head home. That day was pretty much spent relaxing and chilling. We went to a Japanese hot pot restaurant which was pretty cool. I had never been to one. Basically, you get a large pot with about 4 cups of boiling water in the bottom. They then season the water with soy sauce, hot sauce, garlic and spices and you order a meat and veggies to 'cook' in the pot, much like you would fondue. Once you have cooked all your meat and eaten it, the remaining broth and veggies are poured into a soup bowl for you to eat as well. It was spicy and filling, and something fun to try if you ever get a chance.
The next day my mom and I pretty much spent the day shopping and relaxing. We went to all the cute shops and bought some souvenirs. We saw a few more celebs that day including David Duchovny, Dennis Quaid, and some singers.
The next day was spent skiing again, this time at the Canyons resort. I really liked the Canyons, it was not as steep as the other two and much more groomed. By the end of skiing Day 3 everything from my head down was just about killing me. Here is a picture I took while we were eating outside on the 'snow beach' at the Canyons!
The next day was my birthday, and I decided that on my birthday I did not want to do anymore work.. ahem.. skiing. So my mom and I went to the spa while Bren and my dad did a snowmobiling excursion that took them up to 14000 feet above sea level. I capped off my birthday with a jalapeno beer from a local brewing company that was absolutely fabulous. As well as dinner and drinks with my fam at a sky bar over looking main street and a new triangle shaped clock for my house as a birthday present.
On Saturday, I flew back to Philadelphia..when I arrived at my house, Joe was there with dinner, balloons, cupcakes and candles waiting for me to celebrate two milestones: my birthday, and my new roommate! Yes folks, that's right, Joe and all of his things now reside in Philly and were moved while I was on vacation (nice planning choice on my part). I am so thrilled to be opening up this new chapter in my life and hope that all goes well as we make this transition. Please wish us luck.
A new year, amazing friends to celebrate with, a memorable vacation with my amazing family, a birthday, and a boyfriend to live with. They say no one gets everything they want... but maybe every once and while.. life cuts you a break.. and you do... get everything you ever wanted.. and all at once.
"There are two things to aim at in life:
first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it."
3 comments:
Sounds like an amazing trip and a wonderful way to celebrate your birthday! He might just be your best (and last) roommate!
It sounds like you had a great time. The clock looks amazing, I can't wait to see it and you. I'm so happy for you Nicole!!!
What a wonderful start to the New Year!! A great vacation, birthday, and a new roommate to top it off :)
Post a Comment