Hey All,
I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! During the last few days of 2008 I wanted to take a moment to reflect on some of the great things that this year had to offer and make some resolutions for the new year. In case you havent heard - I passed my CPA exam - I am officially done with the tests FOREVER AND THANK GOD! That was a major accomplishment, as it took up the majority of my free time in 2008.
Looking back, this year has been one of the overall happiest years of my life thus far. It was far less of an emotional rollercoaster then most have been. I have made some great friends in Manayunk, as well as kept in touch with friends from both highscool and college. I'd like to think of my life as a triangle. The three keys to a happy life are personal health, career sucess, and good relationships. This year I have been blessed to find the delicate balance of all three.
Careerwise: I am overjoyed to have passed my exam, a huge weight off of my shoulders. I received good ratings at work, which secures my job.. for now!
Family: I am so greatful to have my grandparents still in my life... and while I see that they are starting to fail.. I am trying to enjoy the little time I get to spend with them these days. I am also greatful for a healthy/happy family - a mom, dad, and brother who love me and I miss them every day when I am in Philly!
Relationships: I have been so lucky to find great friends in a new city this year. I have been even luckier to reconnect with some friends from highschool and stay in touch with my great girlfriends from college. I couldnt be happier with the people who surround my life these days.
Personal Health: This is my biggest weakness at the moment. I dont think my body has seen a gym in many many months. I have come to terms with the fact that a person can only accomplish so many things on any given day, and therefore my personal health has been up until now put on the back burner. Now that all of the above mentioned items are under control, I feel it is time to get back in shape as I really could benefit from the excercise. See this and other goals below for 2009:
2009
1. Get in Shape
2. Visit all friends that I have not seen in forever
3. Save Money
4. Get more sleep
This list will continue as the new year gets closer.
No comments:
Post a Comment