I swore I would keep up on this more so that I dont have to write these amazing catch up blogs and I can focus more time on the nitty gritty. As in, pick a small topic from the day, and tell a story in detail. I guess that will have to be the goal this year. So here lies my last catch up blog.
When I left off Joe was relocated out to VA, and I was in major destress mode about it. I am happy to report that things are going far better then I ever planned them to be. He makes tons of effort to make it home, time and weather permitting, and I have no complaints. We have even worked out a calendar system where we periodically sit down together to plan out the coming months and schedule time that works for both of us. I can not say that it has been "easy" but "bearable" would be a good term. I think that it has actually helped our relationship in a way. In recent weeks watchng my other girlfriends I can whole heartly say that too much of anything, even a great thing, like a great boyfriend.. is unhealthy. Him being away makes me greatful, appreciative, and excited every time he steps foot through my door and back into my life. I know I act like he is off in Iraq or something, but I guess there comes a certain point where if your a a certain distance away from a person, they might as well be across the world, becuase you cant see them at a drop of a hat and a drive down the street. (In no way am I saying that what he is doing even holds a candle to soldiers fighting in Iraq, but you get the idea). I have come to realize maybe distance keeps things healthy - and allows you to better appreciate the time you do have with a person instead of taking in for granted.
On another front, I have a new job. I work for a company in Radnor PA, a Philly suburb. The hours are stable and the pay is good. I am learning a lot, and I have met a few nice people. I cant say that I will stay there for ever but I can say that I am much happier now then I was working busy season hours. My life is balanced- work is what I do during the day to make money - it is no longer my life.
My 25th birthday is around the corner. If you know me then you know that I am usually the queen of throwing my own celebration - much akin to a national holiday. However, this year I have not been able to muster up the same youthful exhuberance about my birthday. I am not 100% sure but I think it may have something to do with the number? I will no longer have the comfort of being like "yeah I'm under 25 - thats not closer to 30" My only hope is that my 25th year on this earth will be filled with happiness, joy, health, money, love, challenges, and many many laughs. Oh yeah.. and things to write about in this blog.
Until next time,
Nicole
No comments:
Post a Comment