Thursday, October 22, 2009

Time to catch up

Hi All,
I cant believe its been almost 2 and a half months since my last post. A lot has happened in that time, some of it great, some of it not so great. A month ago I found out Joe is getting relocated to Lynchburg VA for the next year to work on a project for his company. Its a great career move, I know that for certain, but a great relationship move, probably not. Figuring out the path of this has been pretty hard, we are going to need to find a rhythem, something we both can live with while he is away. He will be back every other weekend right now, and so we'll see. Long distance relationships are hard and confusing and not anything I signed up for when we first met.. but thats the way the ball bouces.

A few weekends ago we went to Atantic City to go to a club at the Borgotta. We had a really great time! We ate at the Bobby Flay resturant, then went to the club, then gambled until like 5:30 in the morning. It was nice to get away with him. :)

Last week, my family and I went to San Francisco, for our first famiy vacation since I started college in 2003. It was great to all be together again. We did some great things while we were there too. First of all San Fran is one of the most clean, beautiful, friendly citys I have ever been to. We went to Napa Valley and did a lot of wine tasting. The next day we shopped in Union Square, China Town, and the Fishermans Warf. The following day we went to Alcatraz where I was locked in solitary confinement for 2.5 minutes!!! It was crazy, I would never want to go to prision. The last day, we went to Solsilito and Muir Woods (where the giant red wood trees are) and did a beautiful hike through the woods. I am so lucky to be able to still get together and do fun things with my family. I wish we could take random side trips like that more often.

Joe and I are both looking forward to Rachels wedding(probably for different reasons, but we are). We have been discussing marriage a lot lately, mostly induced by me. I noticed that we definately have a difference of opinion when it comes to an appropriate marriage age. I am thinking within the next few years, and he is leaning toward 30! 30 ?! Are you kidding, if he thinks I'm sticking around until he decides hes ready at 30, he has another thing coming. My thing is, if you know you want to be with someone for the rest of your life.. why not have the rest of your life start ASAP? I'm by no means saying I want to be engaged tomorrow. But 30 is 5 years, if you dont know after 5 years, will you ever know?! And does this non-comittal 30 answer mean - he does not see me in his future forever? I dont know.. guess you'll have to weigh in.

So thats where I stand, I need to start blogging more often, I dont like these random catch up blogs, they have no theme and are a mish mash of crap scribbled on a page.

N

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm so incredibly excited to see you at the wedding, and meet Joe! Glad you had fun in CA with your family. Don't worry about things with Joe...if they're supposed to work, they will. Miss you!

background