Thursday, July 30, 2009

The past..the present... the future

Hi All,
It has been awhile since my last post. I swore that I would keep up with the blogging this summer, but, with moving and everything, I just havent had time. Since my last blog a lot has happened in my life.
In May, Toni, Michele, Sara and I went on a cruise to Grand Caymen, Honduras and Belize. It was so relaxing after a long busy season. I am so thankful that I can still meet up with my college friends once and a great while. I hope that no matter where life takes each of us, we still can carve time out to meet up. We were throwing the idea around that next year we would invite the significant others, but I kind of like the fact that it is just us girls.. Its a week about nothing but friendship, and no boy drama. Here is a great picture of the group.


The next big event came in June, when we moved into my new house! I love love love it! It came out beautiful and I love that my new roomate Laura moved in with Sara and I. Its a nice accomplishment to have a place of your own! As I sit here writing this blog, looking around, its amazing to think that this is really mine. I feel a sense of pride about it that I've never felt before. Yes, I have accomplished many things in my life, but none as big as buying my first house. Since I already posted pictures of the house, I wont bore you with anymore, but we had a really great house warming party. It was a great time. Here are a few photos:


For July 4th, I made my annual trip back to Rochester! It was so nice to be home! Coming home is always bitter sweet for me. In one way, it makes me miss the past; highschool; old loves; the way things were. I always get centimental going back, because it is the life I gave up to do all the things I do today. But in another respect, it reminds me of how far I have come, and how much I've gotten to since I left. I miss my family everyday, but I know I made the right choice - atleast for now. Here is a picture that I took of Lake Onterio in Rochester. This picture is on my desktop at work. It reminds me that the heart of life is beautiful and no matter how bad my days at work there is always a place to go where people will always love you no matter how bad you fuck up.


Today is August 1st. I just got back from my training for my job. I cant believe that I am going into my third year in the work world. I cant believe how these years have felt so slow day by day, but, looking back have passed in the blink of an eye. I look around and I feel so lucky. I have a great family, who is healthy and happy. I have a wonderful boyfriend who I love. I have amazing friends, a great job, and an awesome house. Lately, I am not sure how I feel about working. In one respect, I love my job, I learn so much, and I have met so many amazing people. In another respect, I feel like the hours and the pressure are a lot to take, and while I make good money, I am weighing the benefit and the cost of those dollars. I guess where I stand right now is that I have to figure out what my personal goals are. Everyone always asks just imagine where you see yourself in 5 years, or ten? I cant really answer that question right now. I am torn between wanting to climb the corporate ladder, and wanting to find a balance between work and life that would allow me to eventually marry and raise a family. My facilitator made a good point... goals are only dreams until you write them down. So, for the next few days, I am going to be pondering my future goals and write them down here soon. Until then.. goodnight.

No comments:

background