This morning, I woke up and proceeded over to the office to meet with the controller of the Tulsa OK office. Driving to the office, Tulsa looks a lot like Rochester, maybe a little smaller. It is one of the flattest places I have ever seen! I really enjoyed the no traffic thing, but looking around, Tulsa is EXACTLY how the mid-west is portrayed in the movies, tiny houses, little churches on the corners, people who have been born and raised in OK their whole lives. Its slower here, people talk about fishing, hunting, actually take a whole hour for lunch. Speaking of lunch....
The controller and some of the people in the Tulsa office wanted to take me out to an authentic Tulsa lunch. So they took me for barbecue in North Tulsa (a very old, poor, section of town much akin to N. Philly) Let me first just say that I had beef brisket and it was delicious. But let me paint a picture of this lunch.

I think the sign says it all, "You need no teeth... to eat our beef" It was total hick ville glory. My lunch didn't come on a plate, it came directly on the tray on a piece of wax paper. Not to mention animal heads lined the walls and country music blasted loud and proud out the front door. Conversation consisted of discussing "noodling" , hunting, and the like. Needless to say. I am definitely not in Philly anymore, but its been a fun, and eye opening experience.
Until next time <3
No comments:
Post a Comment