This weekend was by far one of the nicest weather wise we've had in awhile. It was Joe's friends birthday so we decided to go down to his shore house on Friday night and do a little gambling and clubbing in AC for his friends birthday. Just to give you some background, I didn't have a car because I had dropped it off at the Hyundai dealer for a grease and oil change, so Joe had to pick me up in Philly and then head down to the shore. I promised him that if he did that, I would have a pan of lasagna waiting, that way we could eat a good meal and not have to stop on the way. So, I went to the grocery Thursday night, got all the ingredients for meat lasagna, and attempted to prepare. I read the instructions carefully, but man is it hard apportioning all the ingredients evenly so as not to short change one of your lasagna layers! Yeah, not as easy as it looked. Friday, I arrived home from work and popped my lasagna concoction into the oven, while I got ready for the shore. I guess people were dying to get out last weekend because it took Joe 2.5 hours to get to my house from his house in NJ. Yeah..so by the time he arrived, stress was at a maximum height since we still had to get back in the car and go to the shore. We wolfed down the lasagna, which came out great despite my inability to make even layers, and we headed off.
We arrived in Longport, NJ, where Joe's shore house is to meet up with his friends. To say that I love this house would be an understatement. His dad, being a contractor thought of everything... brick pizza ovens, fireplaces in the bedrooms, 8 bedrooms, game room, outdoor shower house, two roof decks.. the place is amazing. Upon arrival we quickly changed, pregamed a little and headed off to AC since, with the traffic debacle it was getting late. When we got to AC, we went to the Tropicana. We decided that we were going to gamble a little then go into Providence, one of my favorite clubs in AC. We sat down at Black Jack, and I put $100 down on the table and received $100 in chips. I couldn't lose, I had the best night gambling I think I have ever had. We played about an hour, and I walked away up $300 from my original investment. YAY.
So, off to Providence we went. Once we were inside, surrounded by the cast of the Jersey Shore (not really, just a lot of N. Jersey Guido's) it was pretty much a standard AC night, lots of shots and drinks... with one exception. Holly Montague from the Hills was there... here is a picture. It was pretty weird seeing her in person.
Below is a pretty drunk pic of Joe and I but, we had a nice time. After leaving the club, we went back out the casino because Joe wanted to gamble more. At first, I just watched for fear that I may lose my winnings. Everyone who knows me knows I love gambling too much to just watch so finally I caved and threw in another $100. God must have been looking down on me because I won another $200 bucks, bringing my grand total to almost $600. WINNER. I walked away pretty happy.
The next day, the sun was shining and it was a pretty warm day so Joe took me around Longport to look at
that he thought I would find more amazing then his. OH MAN WAS HE RIGHT. I HAVE FOUND MY DREAM HOUSE ON THE OCEAN. Lets take a guess how many bedrooms this place has?!
Needless to say, I had a great weekend in Longport, and man was it nice to see my boyfriend finally!
No comments:
Post a Comment