About a year ago, I was sitting at my old job thinking about how if I had more time and I wasnt working crazy hours...THEN I would have no excuses about not to go to the gym which I pay $40 a month to belong to, but rarely attend. I swore that IF I got home at a normal time like every other working citizen in America, THEN going to the gym and getting skinny would be no problem. Exactly six months ago, I quit that more demanding job. Now, I get home at 5:30 just like everyone else. Do you know how many times I've been to the gym in the last six months - maybe twice. Every day, I get home, and I am exhausted! From what you may ask.. probably the inactivity! Now, I've never really stuggled too too much with my weight, I pretty much eat what I want, and was on Weight Watchers once for like a hot second (I think I lasted 2 weeks). Dieting and being obsessed with how I look just has never been my style.

All of a sudden though in the last few months, I can see how the pounds can slowly creep up on you. Not to mention I know I could look better then I do right now. It seems though, that everytime I put my mind to the fact that I need to start attending the gym regularly, it lasts about a week, then I go back to wanting to come home, sit on the couch, and watch my mindless girly television shows. For some reason, fitness just doesnt interest me, which I know it should but I dont get joy out of going to the gym. Once I get there, I do fine, but I hate the act of getting in the car and going.
Tonight as I sat on my couch watching "The Hills" there was a scene where Kristen was at the gym doing curls with a trainer. My lastest excuse to ease my mind: Well, if I didnt have to work like them, and I could wake up late, go to the gym, and shop all day....THEN attending wouldnt be a problem! PATHETIC, I KNOW. So, here is my question - how does one go about motivating themselves to not only GO to the gym BUT keep going. Do you think night time or day time is easier? THOUGHTS? Has anyone else been in this boat?

2 comments:
I can TOTALLY relate. I have been going every morning since we got back from South Beach. My strategy - lay out my gym clothes and make a water bottle the night before, wake up an hour earlier than I normally would, and immediately make my bed (so that I feel guilty about getting back into it). Hope this helps!!!!
I also know exactly what you're talking about. However, I have ZERO advice because the last time I made it to the gym was in November...at which point I took a break off for the holidays. HA!
I have found it helps to have a gym buddy - I'm more likely to go (or at least was more likely to go 6 months ago) when I had plans to meet someone there.
Post a Comment