Hey blogging friends,
I've been wanting to write a blog post for awhile, but havent really had very much to discuss. I've been doing a lot of fun things, just none that made for a good story. Last weekend however changed that. Last weekend was the Manayunk bike race. This is a professional bike race that does about 15 loops all over Philadelphia, but in Manayunk it is mostly just an excuse to drink with your friends outside. Friday night Joe came into town and we met up with a few of his friends from Lehigh. On Saturday, the whole crowd went out to the bars, and stopped by late night for the most amazing cheese fries the world has ever seen. Going out both nights wasnt a very good idea, because the bike race started at 9 am on Sunday morning. Still drunk, we stumbled down the street to my friend Allies party, which started promptly at 9 am. At about noon, I said a drunk goodbye to my sober boyfriend who had to head back to VA and continued to party. At around 2pm we headed down to the bars, where 93.3 WMMR was hosting a party. To my surprise, Mr. Green Jeans, a band that used to play at DE was playing. At about 7pm... I was wasted and exhausted and headed on home. I am so thankful that I live in this town. It keeps me young, I have great freinds here, and days like that remind me how lucky I am.

Oh yeah, and I saw one lap of the bike race!
No comments:
Post a Comment