It has been 48 hours with no facebook. Man, is this hard. So far though, I think this has been a success. I currently have no idea what anyone else in the world is doing or has done in the last two days. All I know is, this is what I did in my life in the time I would have spent observing others:
Sunday:
- Made a new recipe for Joe and I. I made Double Bacon Beer-Braised Cheeseburgers and Watermelon Salad with Basil and Bacon Both of which were awesome. I guess I didn't really plan before hand because these recipes both had bacon. Oh well, fourteen slices of bacon total, and Joe and I were pretty satisfied!
- Went to see Eat, Pray, Love with my friend Karen. I thought I would love that movie as I am usually a chic flick fein, but I really didn't. It was too long, and way unrealistic. What happened in real life was that the author was paid by her publisher to take that trip around the world and document her feelings & thoughts in her book. In the movie, they never address how Julia Roberts supports herself. So, while we all wish we could escape our lives and "Eat, Pray and Love" our way around America or abroad, for most, this would not be feasible without cash. Also, not to give anything away, as I am sure you have seen this in the previews, but she has love interests in the movie-- Im pretty sure the book was more about self reflection and the message that one does not need a man to be happy. The movie was talking out of both sides of its mouth---you dont NEED a man-- but if you find a hot one, then hang on to him. Disappointment.
- Watched the season finale of Kourt and Khloe Take Miami --only one thing to say about this - Kourt should ditch that douche bag Scott ASAP
Monday:
- Went to work where I proceeded to try to be productive (while taking intermittent breaks perusing people.com, usatoday.com, cnn.com, Rochester newspapers, philly.com, blogspot, and gchat)
- Came home and ate leftover burger
- painted my bedroom wall that was recently repaired from the winter storm
- changed my bed
- did a load of dishes and laundry
- Watched my guilty pleasure - Secret Life of the American Teenager & Entourage on DVR
- paid bills
- and wrote this blog post
What I've learned thus far: It is far more satisfying and motivating to be present in your own life then to be a bystander in someone elses. Being off of facebook has forced me to find things to do that make MY OWN LIFE worth living.
No comments:
Post a Comment