Since the roommate moved out I have had no shortage of things to do to occupy my time. Last Tuesday - Thursday I was in Mystic, Connecticut for work with my boss. Mystic is a beautiful area, right on the water very lush with trees. I really enjoyed it. I rushed back late on Thursday because my parents were headed to Philadelphia for Fathers Day.
Thursday night Joe, me, and my family, went to Buddakan for dinner and out for ice cream afterwords. I just had to show my mom the prices and atmosphere at Franklin Fountain. After that, we were pretty tired and headed on home.
On Friday, my family left to go to Dewey Beach and meet up with my brother. I had to work for the day, but I planned to meet them in Dewey later in the evening. So, around 3pm I jumped in my car and made the 3 hrs commute from Philly to Dewey Beach. We went out for a seafood buffet that Brendan had chosen then went to the Bottle and Cork to watch a Bruce Springsteen cover band called Bruce in the USA. It was a nice time.
On Saturday we headed to the beach for most of the day. The weather was perfect. Then at 5pm we went to "Jam Session" at the bottle and cork featuring one of my favorite college bands - Mr. Green Genes! At around 8pm we were drunk and hungry so we stopped and had some appetizers and headed back to Bren's beach house to meet his friends and hang out. His friends were really nice and we had a great time with them.
On Sunday morning we did a little shopping and headed back to Philadelphia so that my parents could catch their plane. The end of a fabulous weekend.
Yesterday, I slept at Joe's apartment in New Jersey for the first time. I went over after work and made us some chili and corn bread for dinner (you have to make do with what you have when you have limited kitchen utensils to work with). I also helped him put together a book shelf from Target which was a complete pain. The apartment is coming together nicely and I think he will really enjoy it when its done. I also think it will teach him a valuable lesson about how much of pain in the butt taking care of yourself can be. That is a lesson every man needs to learn in order to appreciate the stuff their parents, and subsequently their wives do for them.
One week, 4 states.. I am headed home tonight to RELAX!
No comments:
Post a Comment