Monday, June 6, 2011

Wild Weekend

This weekend was a wild ride. On Friday, I went to UD to hang out with Toni & Michele for Alumni weekend. The school had offered to let alumni stay in the dorms for a small fee, and had planned a weekend full of events. The events kicked off Friday night with mug night on the Green which featured unlimited food and beverage under a really large tent with a band. It was good to catch up with Toni & Michele and see some of my old friends.

While I enjoyed being there, it was sort of strange too. It reminded me that time changes things. Going back for a visit was fun, but you can never recreate the experience or the way things were when that was your everyday reality. Once a place and time is gone, it is gone for good.
So much has changed since I lived there, its almost like it never happened. Toni and Michele stayed for the remainder of the weekend, but I had to head back because I had plans the rest of the weekend.
On Saturday, Joe and I went out to dinner at a restaurant called Fork in Center City. The food was good, I wouldn't say it was stellar though. It was nice to sit outside and people watch though, the weather was the perfect temperature. After dinner, Joe and I decided to go get a drink at Cuba Libre. The first night that I met Joe back in 2008, we had gotten on the subject of Mojitos. He told me he would take me out for the best mojito ever... at Cuba Libre. Three years went by, and we never went, so this weekend he finally made good on his promise to take me out for a mojito. After that, I wanted to get ice cream at this place called Franklin Fountain, and old-fashioned ice cream parlor at 1st and Market St. We are standing in line for ice cream, and all of a sudden we hear a CRASH! An large suburban making a left from 2nd street onto Market rammed into two parked cars... tossing them onto the sidewalk where people were eating. If the cars hadn't been parked there the SUV would have went directly into the crowd waiting for ice cream. A young girl jumps out of the car laughing and drunk out of her mind! Someone called the cops and when the cops came, the girl proceed to run from them. They got out their guns and started chasing her down 2nd Street. They finally caught her. It was quite an entertaining scene. I cant imagine being so drunk you hit parked cars, get out, laugh about it, and attempt to run from the law... crazy.
Sunday was Bike Race. Allie, Alex, Joe, Sara and I stocked a backpack full of beer and headed to the "Wall" in Manayunk to watch the race. The wall is the steepest part of the race and where the majority of people congregate. While we were there, we ended up being interviewed by Comcast! You cant watch the interview below.





All and all, a crazy, but fun weekend! Its weekends like these that remind me of all that is good in my life.

No comments:

background