On Saturday, I woke up and was pleased to see the sun shining. I was determined to do something outside since sun isn't something we've seen much of lately. During my morning ritual of scrolling through my Facebook newsfeed while my eyes adjust to a new day, I noticed someones post about "Spring Fest - Rittenhouse" going on in the city. The festival boasted food from local restaurants, wine tasting, demonstrations by Steven Starr, and beer sampling. I called Brendan, and he said he would come with me. We hopped the train in Manayunk and headed for the city. The festival was from Broad St. to 19th St. on Walnut Street. That is a pretty ritzy section of the city that has great restaurants. Brendan and I fought our way through the crowd from one food station to the next. By the end, we were stuffed! Everything was great. We also had a few drinks and had a nice spring day buzz going. I grabbed a red velvet cupcake for the road and we headed home!

Later that day, Joe came over and we made dinner together. He made his mother's tomato salad recipe and I grilled corn on the cob and these Chipotle Monterey Jack Cheese Chicken Sausages that I have been getting from the grocery store. They are fantastic, you should try them. They only have 170 calories per link compared to normal sausage that has 270 calories and they are so much easier then regular sausage. They only take 6-8 mins on the grill. Our dinner came out great and I like cooking with Joe. I think cooking is a good bonding activity and sharing recipes our mom's make is a good way to share our childhood with each other. The best part-- he did all the dishes.
On Sunday we had a Phillie's game. Not much to report about it. The weather was cold and dreary and the Phillie's lost in a pretty boring and disappointing 1-0 game.
All and all.. sometimes the best weekends are the ones you have nothing planned and you can just see where the day takes you!
No comments:
Post a Comment