“It’s the oldest story in the world, one day you’re seventeen and planning for ‘some day’, and then quietly and without you ever really noticing, ‘some day’ is today… and then ‘some day’ is yesterday, and this is your life. We spend so much time wanting, pursuing, wishing, but ambition is good. Chasing things with integrity is good, dreaming. If you had a friend you knew you’d never see again, what would you say? If you could do one last thing for someone you love, what would it be? Say it, don’t wait. Nothing lasts forever. Make a wish and place it in your heart. Anything you want, everything you want. Do you have it? Good. Now believe it can come true, you never know where the next miracle’s gonna come from. The next memory, the next smile, the next wish come true. If you believe that it’s right around the corner, and you open your heart and your mind to the possibility of it, to the certainty of it, you just might get the thing you’re wishing for, the world is full of magic, you just have to believe in it. So make your wish. Do you have it? Good. Now believe in it, with all your heart”.- One Tree Hill.
For the last time, Wednesday night at 8 pm, I sat down to watch my favorite show, One Tree Hill. I know, most people think its corny but I started watching nine years ago, after my then favorite show, Dawsons Creek ended. In 167 episodes, and nine seasons, this show accompanied me from highschool graduate to college graduate, to LATE 20's. The show mirrored my life, as the characters went from highschool, to college, to post-college so did I. And while I do believe a lot of the things that happened on the show were far fetched, corny and hopelessly romantic, some part of me always wanted to believe in the world the way that it was portrayed on that show. Of course in the shows final episode everyone's story ended on a happy, sappy, greeting card rhyme. There is only one Tree Hill, after all.
I remember at Delaware, Megan and I watching in suspense in the dorm room freshman year and hanging a larger then llife size poster of Chad Michael Murray hanging outside my door. So much has changed since that time its unbelievable. I went from a high school senior in Rochester, to a college graduate of University of Delaware, to a working girl in Philadelphia. I met a guy, held two different jobs, bought a house, and moved in with my boyfriend. And as the credits rolled on last nights episode, I couldnt help be a little sad. It was a reminder that I am no longer a young adult planning for 'someday'.. in the blink of an eye someday is today.. and most of the things I once wished for have come true. Heres to the end of an era.
#goodnightOTH -- thanks for the memories. #bittersweet
I need a new favorite show.... Sophia Bush (Brook Davis) has a pilot coming out that looks pretty good, I thnk I'll check that out.


No comments:
Post a Comment