Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Caution Wet Paint

I keep meaning to do this, but I have been busy, so tonight I am finally making it a point to share some of the home stuff I have been hard at work with lately. I know most of you probably remember that when I moved into Terrace Street, the entire house was painted yellow with the exception of the two upstairs bathrooms, which were painted sage green. I grew tired of everything yellow so I decided to have a painter come and paint a few weeks ago. I think everything came out wonderful, and it has made it feel new... its "our" home now.

To start we changed the den from a yellow to a gold color. It had to stay in the yellow family because it is right at the top of the stairs and is sort of an awkward room between the stairs and the upstairs hallway which are painted yellow still. It is also a fairly small room, so we wanted to keep it light. You cant tell in the picture, but it is a few shades darker then it once was. Moving along, we changed the master bath from sage green to a calming sea blue, it is the most restful color for a bathroom. Next, we had fun in Joes man cave. We painted 3 walls sand color and one wall bright red. We also got a really great area rug from overstock, and it looks like a brand new space! We both love that room best. Finally, in Joes bathroom we picked a deeper, manlier, blue. He picked this color, I like it, and it made him happy. So, win win.

On a side note, for the den I also puchased a ladder shelf from Amazon. It leans against the wall like a ladder. I have had some fun decorating it in the past few days with things from Ikea. I still have to find pictures for the picture frames but I think it came out really cute. See the video of before and after pictures below! Let me know what you think!!!! xoxo.



Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Digital slideshow personalized with Smilebox

2 comments:

Meg said...

I personally love the bathroom artwork ;)

Also, we should get an updated photo and that way you'll have another frame to fill!

Unknown said...

I love all the paint colors and the new shelf.

It all looks great. I can't wait to come up and see it in person.

background