Wow, my blog has fallen off the planet, I have been so busy... time is flying. The month of June was filled with many fun activities begginning with the Bike Race which is every year on the first weekend in June. This year Joe and I threw a huge party for all of our friends. The weather was perfect and everyone had a great time - I cant believe that this was our 5th year at the Bike Race -- crazy!! The following weekend, Joe and I went down to the shore to visit his family and celebrate his mom's birthday. We also went and checked out the new casino in Atlantic city, the Revel, that everyone has been talking about. We had a good time checking it out but I am not sure that it was any better then any of the other 20 casinos in AC.
The highlight of my weekend at the shore was bringing the ingredients for a truffle pizza and making it for Joe's family in their brick pizza oven. Do you think I have a career in the pizza business? The above pizza has truffle oil, shitake mushrooms, cremini mushrooms, roasted red peppers, fontina cheeze, topped with thyme and parmesan cheese.. so good!
On June 26th -- Chez Terrace had its 3rd birthday under current ownership! I cant believe I have owned the house for three whole years! Since I bought the house with the 2009 tax credit-- staying 3 years also means I can keep the money that the government gave me should I decide to sell. This is a big milestone!
On the last weekend in June Joe and I went to Rochester for our annual 4th of July visit. It was great to see all my family and Rochester friends. We arrived on a Friday night flight and spent Saturday and Sunday on the boat relaxing in the sunshine with my family and my friend Meg. On Monday we went and saw Ted at the Vintage Drive-In Movies. It is so nice watching a movie under the stars! Its sad that the drive-in is almost an extinct animal.. its a really simple way to enjoy a great summer night! On Wednesday night we attended the annual 4th of July Pig Roast at my neighbors house, and had a great time swimming in their pool and eating yummy food!
Oh last thing, while we were in Rochester we celebrated a very special 20th Birthday! Happy 20th Birthday to Daisy Bird who spent the day drinking vodka and hanging out with her duck friends:

No comments:
Post a Comment