Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Showers of Happiness

This past weekend was my friend and former roommate Sara's bridal shower which, as a bridesmaid, I have been helping plan for the last few months. I think everything turned out wonderful, despite my ultimate nervousness day of! Sara's mom chose a tea shop in Sara's home town to host the event. The tea shop provided a good assortment of sandwiches, quiche, and sides for lunch as well as teas both cold and hot. The  I felt no party would be complete sans alcohol, so the bridesmaids also prepared a pitcher of mimosa's for the guests to enjoy. It was a big hit with guests both young and old. It was a perfect drink for the occasion because it gave a festive feeling without being overpowering on such a hot afternoon.
I also wanted to share a few of the details that I worked on in order to make this a special day! I found that I have quite a knack for shower/bachelorette party planning and have enjoyed the process for the most part. I was in charge of the invitations. I chose to do a printed invitation from a website called Zazzle. Upon scrolling through pages of invitations, I fell in love with this one because of its subtle nod to Philadelphia's Love Park Statue.


On the front of each of the invitations, I included a personalized address label which I made on the computer and  again complimented our LOVE theme. (ok so maybe this isn't exactly what mine said hahah!!)
The bridesmaids and I looked at many different favor choices but ultimately decided to again stick with the LOVE park theme and went with a set of 4 glass coasters tied with a pretty silver ribbon that we found online. I thought this was a fun yet practical shower gift that people would actually use!


For shower games we decided to limit ourselves to two games so that they were fun but not too much where guests were annoyed by them. The first game we chose was the purse game. Everyone got a partner and a list of 50 things you'd typically find in a purse. The team with the most things on the list inside their purse won a gift basket. The next game was called 'present bingo'. We gave each guest a bingo board and had them fill the squares with presents they thought Sara would receive during present opening. As Sara opened gifts she announced each gift until someone had 5 in a row and yelled bingo. The games really brought out everyone's competitive side and I think everyone had fun!
The day was a lot of fun and Sara walked away with a lot of great gifts to start her new life with Steve. Showers of happiness to both of you for a long, healthy, and happy life together!!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the invitations and the favors!! You're such a thoughtful friend :)

Nicole said...

Thanks Rachel!!

background