Its been a while since I posted due to my new found hobby and time suck: wedding planning and some other general distractions. Here is a little synopsis of what I've been up to since my last post.
* Joe and I decided on our church and venue for the wedding almost immediately after getting engaged. As it was, there weren't many dates left for 2014 We chose August 2, 2014, which will be beautiful and warm hopefully! We are getting married at a Catholic church and our reception will be at a winery in Rochester, NY.
* April 26th Joe and I ran the United Cerebral Palsy 5K. Thanks to our family and friends we raised quite a bit of money. We also took 5 minutes off last years race time! I found it a lot easier this year, I guess with Pilate's and working out, I am in much better shape then I was last year. Still, because I didn't stretch well enough, I ended up pulling a groin muscle and that has been very painful, slow to heal, and is currently cutting into my work out routine (see work out page)
* A few weekends ago I went to a wedding shower for my friend Shannon and this weekend is her bachelorette party in NYC, I am coupling this with a visit with Toni and my brother. I am very excited to see both of them!
* This past weekend I flew to Rochester to work on wedding stuff. I never realized how much time all this wedding stuff takes. Every detail is a phone call, a meeting, 5 emails and a follow up. Even with the wedding being over a year away, we really need to get everything sorted out soon, because Rochester is small market with limited vendors and the best ones seem to be booking up fast.With the help of my mom I found photographer to shoot the wedding who I really liked who was very reasonably priced. I also went and checked out two different hotels, and found the hotel that will host our room block. I am thankful we got these things accomplished so I am a little less stressed!
*A few weeks ago scheduled our engagement pictures. They will be shot here in Philadelphia in June, which is fast approaching. At first I was super excited about these pictures, but as the date nears, I am stressed out by the thought of being in front of the camera. Not only can I currently not work out due to leg injury mentioned above, I cant find a dress that I like enough to wear in the pictures. I had planned to work out hard for the next 50 days so that I would feel skinny and pretty for the pictures, but now that cant happen for at least a week or two. I can feel myself getting super critical of myself, my body, every flaw and I really have never been that type of girl! The pressure of sending a picture of myself for all my friends and family to hang up on their fridge and look at for the next year is really getting to me. I have this image in my head of how I want to look -- and lately nothing just seems to be matching up. Hopefully, with the help of Toni in NYC this weekend, I can find a dress that will make me feel slightly better about the situation.
That's whats going on here. Hope all is well with everyone else!
No comments:
Post a Comment