Sunday, September 7, 2008

I hope the days come easy and the moments pass S L O W..

Let me just start out by saying this weekend went way to fast, I am so sad that it is sunday. This weekend Manayunk hosted the Redbull Soapbox Derby. The derby went down Lyceum and Levering St., nicknamed "the wall" in Manayunk due to its steapness. Sara and I decided to host a party at our house as a pregame to the race which started at 1pm. All week we were worrying about the weather for our party because Hurricane Hanna was set to dump rain on Manayunk just in time for the race. 

Sure enough, just in time for our party, the rain started pouring. Luckily, our friends are pretty tough, and braved the weather anyways. About 20 people came and we had such a great time! Then we headed to the race. By this point, "its raining" would have been an understatement, buckets of water were pouring out of the sky.  After 2 races we decided to head to Kildares to get some drinks and get dry. We ended up partying there till about 5 pm then we headed home and crashed. 

This weekend got me thinking about how great my life has gotten. I looked around at my party and realized how many great people I have met in Manayunk in the last year. I am so lucky to have such great friends and found a place that makes life fun - despite being in the "real world". Going to the race and partying all day with my friends reminded me to keep the day to day problems in perspective.  And reminded me that I have all anyone needs - a great family, and great friends. Thats all for now. 

No comments:

background