With the end of summer fast approaching me, the last few weeks were very busy trying to cram in some last minute fun. On the second to last weekend in August Joe and I went to his shore house to catch some last minute beach time. We had a great time hanging out at the shore bars and relaxing in the sun during the day. Not much else to report about it, it was just very relaxing.
The following weekend, I went home to Rochester to visit my family & go boating. We had a great time swimming and boating around Sodus Bay. My dad and I also went to the Public market Saturday morning for breakfast sandwhiches and to buy some fruits and cheeses. If you never been to the Rochester Public Market, or any public market for that matter, I suggest you go. It is a great way to get outside and buy some fresh fruits/veggies at the same time. Also, it supports local growers, which I think is worthwile. Here is a veiw from my marina over looking Sodus Bay.

Labor day weekend was another exciting and jam packed weekend. Friday Joe and I went back to the shore, and went to Atlantic City. We lost quite a bit playing black jack, but the night wasnt a total loss. We went to a club, Mixx, in the Borgota. We were dancing around and having a great time when I felt something hit me in the head. I look down and see money on the floor. At first, I didnt want to be the one that scrambled around on the floor picking up money that obviously didnt belong to me. (like a cheapo) but after a minute I realized no one was claiming it, so I said to Joe, "I think that money hit me in the head, pick it up" So we picked it up and counted it, $26 dollars... sweet. About an hour later, we were standing by the bar and I got hit again, another wad of money. By this point I start looking around, and realize that a bachelor party is throwing out wads of money and making it rain in their bottle service area. I unpaperclipped my second wad, another $26 bucks. Now if you ask me, I dont understand why the bachelor party was doing this, if not to solely attract women by paying them to come over. Who cares, I made $54 looking pretty, and it was the only money I won all night!
The next morning Joe and I left the shore becuase Meg, my friend from highschool was coming down for the rest of the weekend. We had a great time going out on Saturday night. Sunday morning we took Meg to the Phillies game and the weather was perfect and sunny. All and all, another great weekend. Last weekend was the last of the exciting weekends of summmer. Every year, Joes friends from college get together at one of the guys lakehouse in Monticello NY, just north of the PA state line -- east of Binghamton. It was the first year that girlfirends were being included in "guys weekend" so I was pretty excited. We arrived in Monticello on Friday mid-day, Joe and I both took a half day off. Friday night we cooked burgers, made a bon-fire, and played beiruit-- which I learned is different then beer pong. On saturday, we took our keg out on the party boat, and tooled around the lake, went tubing, and jet skiing.
I am so happy to have had such an amazing summer. I have done so many fun things, and have enjoyed the work/life balance that my new job has provided me. However, I am ready for fall to set in and to get back into a more stable routine and be able to spend more time on myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment