A new blog was requested to catch up on my life.. so.. by request.. here it is. The second weekend in September Joe and I went to a wedding for a friend of Sara's (and mine too I guess) from her office. The wedding was in Media at
Kings Mill Inn As I go to more and more of these weddings I am starting to see what I like and dont like and what I want for my future wedding. (someday hopefully!) I really liked this venue, it had very nice grounds. Although I want to get married in Rochester, I liked that this had a very nice outdoor surrounding and you didnt need to go far to take pictures. The cocktail hour had great hot & cold h'orderves and there was an open bar. The food was a sitdown dinner, but you only had once choice: your plate came with crab stuffed flounder and a piece of fillet. The food was good, but I am all about giving people options. They had a head table that faced the crowd, traditional, but kind of annoying. I think its nice to have a head table, but that leaves the dates of the wedding party sitting alone.. which I think is awkward. I think it would be nice to sit with our parents, and let the wedding party sit with the people they enjoy talking with. My ideal table would be my parents, the grooms parents (note that joe has not positively taken this spot so I will not put an identity here) my maid of honor and her date, his best man an and their date) By the point in time I get married I hope that I am friends with my best mans girlfriend/wife and my groom is friends with my maid of honors boyfriend/husband. Yet all of these positions in the wedding party are still up for grabs based on who is still around and actively involved in my life over the next few years. Overall, we didnt know very many people at the wedding besides Sara and Steve, but we had a nice time.

On a second note, Joe and I are trying to plan a vacation. Both of us were lucky enough during our childhood to go many, many places. Therefore its been hard for us to pick a place that we've both never been already. After stumbling across a friends pictures on facebook, I have been throwing around the idea of St Lucia, and this hotel called
Ladara. St Lucia looks beautiful and the hotel looks amazing (but pricy.) Take a look at the photo galary on this website. The rooms only have walls on three sides becuase you are so high up a mountain, no one can see into your room. Each room has their own dip pool, and there are infinity pools all over the property. This might be better saved for a honeymoon.. but a girl can dream. I threw out the idea to joe and told him it was a great proposal spot-- hahah.



If you could go on vacation where would you go? I need ideas, mind you, its winter, and in winter I go tropical. So, nothing cold!
No comments:
Post a Comment