
Wednesday Joe & I went with my roomate and her boyfriend to the Philies division series Game 1. Our seats, while they were in the 400 level, were in the 2nd row of that level behind home plate. This gave us a great vantage point to catch all the action. I left work around noon and met Joe at the stadium. We tailgated a little bit with my little from my sorority and a few of Joes friends until we went into the game at 5pm. To say that this was the game to see would be an understatement. The Phillies pitcher, Roy Halladay, threw a no hitter and the Phillies won the game 4-0. A no hitter game is very rare. It was the sixth of the 2010 season (the most no-hitters in one season since seven in 1991) and the second in MLB postseason history. Joe and Steve think it ranks up there as one of the best days of their lives to be able to see this live in person. Sara and I, while we enjoyed the game and like the fact that we witnessed history, dont think it ranks THAT HIGH. They say its because we dont understand sports... I think its just because they're guys...we'll never get it.
We have Game 3 of the next series and game 7 of the World Series, should the Phillies make it that far. Tonight Joe and I are heading to Old City to meet up with S & S and watch the next division game! Good luck Phillies..
No comments:
Post a Comment