Monday, October 18, 2010

If you carry your childhood with you, you never become older.

This weekend was another great fall weekend weather wise. On Saturday night Joe & I met up with two of my girlfriends at Irish Pub in center city to watch the Phils game. After watching a very disappointing Phils loss, we headed back to Manayunk to go out to the bar. We decided to go to Mad River, since it was a little cold to be on the deck of Brew Pub. Mad River, historically, has been a bar that I love. Great music, great dancing, good drinks... large place. This time however, I looked around and all I saw were guys that looked young to me creeping all over. Just watching the scene dancing with Joe, it made me thankful to have a boyfriend, and not be getting groped by some drunk idiot looking to get it in. I don't know about any of you, but 25 came around, and all of a sudden my prospective on "the bar scene" dramatically changed. I am trying to hold on to my youth, because lets face it, we are at the best time in our lives right now, but part of me sometimes feels alone in a crowded room in those kind of places... and thankful I can enjoy the scene with a boy that I know loves me. Everyone says I am getting too old to live here in Manayunk, that this is an "after college" place. But, the truth is, I love my house, & I have worked very hard to make it nice. I love living in a suburban/city mix. I have no interest in living in center city Philly... and I love the bar scene most nights, because I'm not ready to get hit on by guys who's ages start with 3 just yet..who's racing to get old? NOT ME.

Speaking of that, on Sunday I regressed even more. I made Joe come with me and some of my friends (and their bfs) to Linvilla Orchards Pumpkinland. Saturday was a beautiful and sunny day. We went through the corn maze, ate cider donuts, drank apple cider, and picked pumpkins. I had a great time being outside getting fresh air and reverting back to my childhood. I even got a Carmel apple. Later that evening, I brought my pumpkin home and Joe and I carved it. At first, he wasn't that into it, but eventually, he took over the project and really started to enjoy it. It was a great day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My grandma used to always take me to Linvilla when I was little to pick peaches in the summer...we have lots of pictures there!

Glad you had a nice weekend...miss you lots@

background