Monday, November 19, 2012

Giving Thanks

Before I head home for Thanksgiving tomorrow I wanted to make sure I get in my annual 'giving thanks' post because in this day in age it is sometimes easier to focus on what we don't have instead of what we do. Here is what I am thankful for this year:

1. My family always first and foremost.. my parents who always support me, my brother who I hope to visit in NYC  after the holidays, and my grandparents who are still alive and healthy for the most part.

2. My wonderful boyfriend who I have been living with for 9 months officially. We have our ups and downs but overall he is pretty great and I am so lucky to have him.

3. My friends - although a lot of my friendships have changed in the last year I am so lucky to still have girlfriends who stand by me no matter what. I hope that in the coming year we can still work hard to maintain close friendships because its great to have a boyfriend but it is so important to have girlfriends.

4. My beautiful house which I have officially owned for 3 years.. cant believe it. I have put so much effort into making it beautiful and I am so proud of it.

5. Traveling: this year I went skiing in Park City Utah with my family, to Florida with my mom and to San Diego and Vegas with Joe. I am a very lucky girl to have been able to experience so many of the wonderful places this world has to offer.

6. My job -- I am so thankful for a wonderful boss who treats me well and a stable job in this economy.. and for my wonderful work friend who keeps me sane most days.

7. I am so thankful that I can still go to the place that I truly call home - Rochester  to celebrate thanksgiving with the ones I love and get a nice break from daily life.

See you after thanksgiving and where ever life lands you this thanksgiving make sure to count your blessings.

No comments:

background