The day after the party Joe headed back to NJ to be with his family and I stayed with my family in Rochester. We had a quiet Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with my grandparents. After Christmas I returned to Philadelphia for a wedding. Joe's best friend got married in NJ and Joe was the best man. We had a great time at their wedding. The food and venue were spectacular and the bride looked great!
A couple days later we rang in the new year in Central NJ with a few of Joe's college friends. It was low key and a good end to a long holiday season.
The one thing that bothered me about this holiday season is family members/friends constantly questioning when Joe and I would get engaged/married/have babies. Don't get me wrong, I want all of those things (in that order), but it sort of made me feel like all of my successes are nothing unless I am married and popping out children. If I knew the answers to any of those questions, I would be a mind reader so I am not sure what they are hoping to gain by reminding me that time is passing and I am not getting any younger , if not to make me feel bad? I feel very lucky to be in the place I am in right now.. and I know all of these things will come soon so I am not worried.. but having to continually answer those questions over and over is quite tiring. Did any one else experience this? Ok ending rant..
I am looking forward to all 2013 has in store and I think it is going to be a fantastic year. I have a few New Years resolutions that I am intending on keeping, but we'll see since I am never very good at this:
1. Like everyone says: Go to the gym and hopefully loose the 20+ lbs I've gained since freshman year of college.
2. Pay off credit cards completely each month.
3. Find a suitable hobby.
What are your resolutions?
Happy 2013!

No comments:
Post a Comment