Friday, April 8, 2011
Amazing Grace
How you climb up the mountain is just as important as how you get down the mountain. And so it is with life, for which many of us, becomes one gigantic test followed by one gigantic lesson. In the end it all comes down to one word: Grace. Its how you accept winning and loosing, good luck and bad luck, and the darkness and light, that defines you. In the moments of triumph or sorrow, will you respond the way you should? Will you rise to the occasion and act with grace or will you let the situation get the better of you? We cannot choose what happens to us or around us I guess. But we can choose how we respond to it. Life is hard. Anyone who tells you different is lying. The world owes you nothing. Sometimes life throws you curve balls and you will find yourself in a situation you did not expect to be in. In these moments, it is the toughest to respond with grace. More often then not, we resort to the more readily available emotions: anger, hate, jealousy, resentment, sadness. Its only human nature I guess. Its hard to be the bigger person, its hard to suppress the more readily available feelings and continue on the high road and act with grace. But, when all is set and done, acting with grace preserves dignity. It ensures that no matter the outcome, you've shown your best possible self.. and no one can say anything about your character. Act with grace and you come out a winner because you know you've faced the situation head held high and self-worth intact. And in the coming days as I act and react to life's tests and lessons.. I hope I can find it within myself to act with grace no matter how I feel on the inside.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment