Well I am happy to report that things have calmed down a bit in
Nicoleland. Joe got a new job and starts May 2
nd. The days of travel are officially over. After a mini-meltdown last week, I have resigned myself to the fact that in two months I will be sans roommate as my current roommate is moving in with her new
fiancé. While I was pretty sad about living alone, I am not prepared to take on some random roommate instead. I have been living with a roommate since 2004 and I just need a break from cleaning up other peoples messes. I just want to focus on me. While taking a random roommate sometimes works out, I'd rather not take a chance. Regarding Joe moving in, while that is the short-term goal, at the moment I
don't feel that we are prepared for that. I think he really needs to live alone too, settle into his job, and know what its like to take care of yourself (since he lives home now) So, for the time being, I am going to live alone... I have resigned to this.
What better way to prepare for living alone then REDECORATE and make the house better. While my original goal was to plant the flowers outside this weekend, the rain prohibited that from happening so I decided to work on this inside instead. Joe and I headed off to Pier1 & Bed, Bath and Beyond to pick up a few things that I had been eyeing. Also, my spice rack that I had ordered came in so that needed to be installed as well. Here are some pictures of my new finds:

new spice rack

Fork and Spoon chalkboards in the kitchen from Pier1

Hanging plates from Bed, Bath & Beyond
What do you think? I also made my 3rd bedroom into a quite nice guest room. Visitors Welcome :)
2 comments:
Very nice! Can't wait to see it for real :)
Congrats to Joe on the new job and I can't wait to see the new things that you have for the house.
Post a Comment