Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fall Crafts & Such

This weekend was full of fun activities. I decided to go down to Baltimore and visit Michele since I had not seen her new place. I arrived on Friday night, late since the weather was awful, and she took me out to dinner with a few of her friends. I had some awesome quesadillas that were toasted on the outside and filled with Jerk Chicken on the inside.. so yummy. After dinner I was pretty tired from the drive that took double the time, and so we went to bed on the early side.

Fall Wreathe
On Saturday we woke up and went to breakfast and then went shopping around Fells point. I stopped and got some Oysters from a street cart that were very yummy. The guy, who was also very cute, showed me how to properly shuck an Oyster so I could do it at home by myself. I am an Oyster feign. Since I had been shopping the past few weekends, there wasn't really any clothing that I needed so I asked Michele if she would like to do some fall crafts. We ended up going to AC Moore and getting some things to make some decorations for her house and some decorations for mine. I had seen this on the Better Homes & Gardens website and thought it was a really cute idea. I really like how my fall crafts came out! Do you like my rendition of the BHG centerpiece? (ps. when did I get so old that I go look at the BHG website?!)
 
Fall Centerpiece

On Saturday night we went out to dinner at a very nice restaurant with a few of Michele's friends. I had mussels and a caprese salad and it was delicious. Then we headed out to the bar for a bit. On Sunday we went to brunch and I had bacon infused french toast! Again, delicious. After brunch I headed back to Philly to get some things done before the week started all over again. It was nice to see Michele and I wish we all lived closer like the old days.

Its Tuesday, its dreary, I am tired... more tired then normal. Something about when the seasons first change makes me exhausted! I feel like I am in the clouds this week and like every task takes monumental effort. Anyone else get the post summer slumber feeling?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey I still think that wreath looked great on my door. :D I will have to make one of my own now. I'm so happy you came down and I had a great time too.

Unknown said...

Love your crafts!! I might have to steal your centerpiece idea for when I host Thanksgiving!

background