Wednesday, November 5, 2008

... and the winner is...

There is not too many days in our lives when we can say we witnessed history in the making. The past few weeks I have had the privilage of being witness to two historic moments. A win for the Philadelphia Phillies which broke the long standing curse on this city and, more importantly, the election of our nations first african american president. Its remarkable how victories bring a nation together. How bannning together for a common goal unites mankind.

I was facinated by Anne Nixon Cooper the 106 year old woman from Atlanta who lived through slavery and was able to cast a vote for the president 106 years later. My hope for my life is two fold: 
1. I hope I live to see 106 years of history in the making
2. I hope I look as good as this woman!

I can only hope that Obama will restore prosperity to our nation in the coming years ahead. I guess we'll wait and see...

No comments:

background