Monday, November 10, 2008

DC


This weekend I went to DC to visit my best friend from highschool, Meg.  I had a really great time. First of all, it was great to get out of Philadelphia for a weekend and secondly it was great to see her. I arrived on  Friday and we went to her cute apartment for some apps, then headed out for a night on the town. We ended up meeting up with an old friend of ours from highschool, Paul, who is really hysterical. It was great to catch up and reminisce about old  times. Its funny, we can finally laugh about the drama. We are far enough removed from that time in our lives, that even the pain seems funny. 

On saturday we met up with Michele for a nice lunch and some shopping in Georgetown. Then saturday night we went and saw the movie Rolemodels, which was absolutely hysterical. Oh! We also went out to this really cute French resturant for a lovely dinner. All and all, a wonderful time was had by all. 

Its crazy how great friendship picks up right where it left off. It felt like not a minute has past, when really its been years since we have spent any significant amount of time together. Or lives have seen so much change in the past five years..  yet our friendship has not changed. I guess its a credit to our ability to let eachother change and grow, without letting our friendship get lost in translation.  I hope that we can truely be friends forever becuase it is only within our friendship, we will stay forever young. 

"We are friends for life. When we're together the years fall away.
Isn't that what matters? To have someone who can remember with you? To
have someone who remembers how far you've come?



2 comments:

Esquire Training 101 said...

If I weren't in class I would have cried. I 100% agree with everything you wrote. Lots of <3!!!

Rachel said...

Hi, you should come visit Baltimore soon!! It's not that far!!

background